Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kroger Spring Dinner Campaign




So, this campaign was AWESOME! I got coupons for a free (Kroger brand) pork tenderloin, crescent rolls, refrigerated mashed potatoes, cake mix, and cake frosting.



     I have never made a pork tenderloin before. I don't usually buy it because of the expense, and I was so excited to try it for FREE! I decided to do something simple because I felt like anything very strong would overpower the flavor of the pork itself. So, I simply put it in the crock pot with some brown gravy and let it cook on low for 7 hours. It was so delicious! It was really flavorful and juicy! I had heard from many people that it can get dry, so I was really excited to find out that it was so tender and juicy and full of flavor. My husband and I both loved it!

I served the pork with the refrigerated mashed potatoes. They were good, but usually if I buy refrigerated mashed potatoes (which I only do if I have a coupon) I buy Bob Evans. These were not nearly as good as Bob Evans potatoes. They were kind of yellow, which I know isn't a matter of flavor, but it you enjoy food with your eyes first. They weren't nearly as creamy as Bob Evans potatoes! I did enjoy them and they were cheaper, but I have found many coupons lately for Bob Evans potatoes which makes them around the same price as the Kroger ones. I kind of think that refrigerated mashed potatoes are a waste of money when it doesn't take very long to make the flakes.



I didn't have time the night we made the pork to make the crescent rolls, so I decided to make them as appetizers for another night at dinner. I made pinwheels with the rolls. I put salami and Italian cheeses in some of them and put pepperoni and Italian cheeses in some of them. I heated some pasta sauce for dipping! These were so delicious! My husband LOVED them and asked me to make them much more often! The rolls were so flaky and buttery and made a great sort of crust for my pepperoni and salami. They definitely were just as good as the Pillsbury ones and they are cheaper, even with the coupons that I am able to find. I have already bought additional cans of these crescent rolls in order to make some more!












Lastly, I made the cake mix into cupcakes for today's potluck dinner at church! I bought white cake with vanilla icing. I decided instead of making plain white cupcakes, which I think is kind of boring, I would make m&m cup cakes. So, I added M&M's to the mix and then frosted them and put chocolate powder on top. They were delicious! The cake was very moist and the icing had great flavor! I was really glad the icing was very easy to spread, but it also wasn't too runny! I think they were a hit at the dinner! They even looked pretty! (I will include a picture)
 In closing, these are all products that we enjoyed, and I would probably buy all of them again except maybe the refrigerated potatoes! I can't wait to do another campaign for Kroger! I love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment