Thursday, May 24, 2012

Private Selection (R) Taste of Summer

Another one of my campaigns from bzzagent was for the Kroger(R) Private Selection(R) brand. As you may recall, I have previously tried some of the products from this line and was not impressed! This time I got a kit which included a bag of Private Selection (R) sea salt and black pepper kettle chips, coupons for free ground beef and a free pie, a coupon for 1.50 off a pint of ice cream, and several coupons for 20% off that I am supposed to pass out to other people. I first tried the chips, since they came in the box and I didn't have to go to the store to get them. They weren't bad. They are not the kind of chip that you could eat very many of by themselves as a snack, but they are good with salsa or dip. The flavor of the pepper is too strong to have many of them by themselves. I really like Kettle chips! They have a great crispy texture and they have ridges which are perfect for dipping!! Today, I went to Kroger to pick up the other items that I am supposed to try. I was able to get the ground beef. I got 1.4lb of Angus ground beef for free. The price marked was 4.87. If I hadn't had the coupon, I would not have bought the beef had I not had the coupon because it was more expensive than the regular store packaged ground beef. I usually buy based on price, so unless the beef goes on "Managers Special" I wouldn't buy it again. The taste of the meat was very good! I made burgers. My husband and I aren't big fans of fancy burgers with lots of stuff in the meat, so I just added taco seasoning and salt and pepper. We then melted cheese on top for extra flavor. I used Provolone and Steve used American. We don't have a grill, so I cooked the burgers in a skillet using a little EVOO. They tasted really good! They probably tasted even better since they were free! :-) I think this campaign may improve my opinion of this brand! While I was at Kroger, I also picked up a pint of black raspberry dark chocolate chunk ice cream, which I only paid 27 cents for because of the coupon I was sent. I also bought a pint of cookies n cream for Steve because I didn't think he would like the other. I had a coupon that Kroger had sent me in the mail for their ice cream, so I paid about $1 for the second pint. We had hoped to try these for dessert, but we are too full from the burgers, so we will have to try those later. I was unable to find the pie that I got the coupon for. I was disappointed that they didn't have any available. I guess I will have to keep looking. Hopefully, they will have them available before the coupon expires. I was also hoping to buy a bag of chips of a different flavor with another coupon I had, but they didn't have any Private Selection Chips. I thought this was odd considering that the Private Selection(R) brand is a Kroger brand. I am really hoping to get a chance to try the pie! They look really good! I will keep checking and hopefully have a review of the pie as well as the ice cream, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment