Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pork(R) Be Inspired(R) Bzz Campaign

I am currently a member of a new bzz campaign! It is for pork! I got a coupon that enabled me to get free pork chops! I was supposed to pick a recipe and try it!
Tonight I tried a great recipe!
 
  Braised Pork Chops with Peppers and Onions

 Ingredients:
4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick, trimmed
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 small red or yellow bell peppers, quartered and cut into 1/4 - inch slices
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced - I used garlic powder because I didn't have any fresh garlic
1/2 cup dry red wine (I used vegetable broth, since I don't cook with alcohol)

1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and cook until browned. 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chops to a plate and set aside.

2. Add tomato paste to skillet and cook, stirring for 15 seconds. Add bell peppers and onions to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.

3. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up and stirring in any browned bits in the skillet. Return chops to skillet, nestling them in the liquid, and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Turn chops, cover, and cook until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet and let rest 3 minutes.

4. Serve Pork with pepper and onion mixture spooned on top.


This recipe was very good! I served it with mashed potatoes, but there are any number of side dishes that would work great with this recipe. I am looking forward to trying some of the other recipes that were included in the bzz kit! This has been a great campaign! Especially considering I got a 10 pack of pork chops for free!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting.. I have made a similar recipe w/tomato sauce. The paste would make for a thicker sauce--which would probably make Daniel happier! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete