Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kroger Good For You campaign

This most recent campaign from Bzz Agent was for the Kroger CarbMaster and Kroger Greek Yogurts and Kroger CarbMaster milk drink. I got a $10 gift card to purchase these items. I bought the CarbMaster milk and 2 flavors of the CarbMaster Yogurt (Cinnamon Roll and White Chocolate Raspberry). I was extremely skeptical about the CarbMaster milk drink. Anything called "milk drink" can't be good,right? RIGHT!!! It brags about being lower in sugar and carbs than regular milk, but it doesn't brag about how it tastes. There is a reason for that! It is terrible! I tried it first in my mashed potatoes because I wasn't brave enough to actually drink it. It wasn't bad in those because you don't really taste it anyway. I guess if you want a way to make healthier potatoes that would work. I eventually worked up the courage to actually taste the milk and it was not good! It didn't taste like milk which is why, I suppose, that it is called a "milk drink". Also this stuff is really expensive! It is 4.59 for a half gallon, which is even more than my favorite Smart Balance milk which is 3.99! So, I definitely wouldn't pay for this so called "milk drink". If you had to drink low carb milk for some kind of special diet, I suppose this would do the trick though! Next we come to the yogurt. The Cinnamon Roll flavor was GREAT! It really tasted like a cinnamon roll, but it was very dry. It was similar to Greek Yogurt in that aspect, which is one reason I am not a huge fan of Greek Yogurt and I didn't buy any for this campaign. The flavor of the White Chocolate Raspberry was not quite as good as Cinnamon Roll, but it wasn't bad. It still had the same dryness though. So, I guess I am not a huge fan of this new "CarbMaster" line of products from Kroger, but, like I said, if you have to be on a low sugar or low carb diet these products would be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment