Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Update to Green Mountain Coffee Campaign

My last blog was about my latest campaign for bzzagent where I got to try some fair trade coffee for free. Well, yesterday I went to Target and bought a box of the pumpkin spice fair trade coffee. My husband wanted the new COD Black Ops II and I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase, so basically I got my coffee free. Well, I am glad it was free because it was not nearly as good as I thought it was going to be. I was so excited to try it, but was a little disappointed. There wasn't much pumpkin flavor, but the nutmeg was overbearing. Thankfully it was a light roast, so it wasn't a really strong coffee anyway, but I think the pumpkin should have been stronger and the nutmeg a little less so. It smelled a lot better than it tasted! I might give it another try with a different creamer to see if I can lighten up the taste of nutmeg, but I don't think I will buy this flavor again. I probably will go back to the caramel vanilla that I like so well! So,now I am trying to figure out if I can return the product (since I bought a whole box) even though I tried one. I contacted the company and next I will call Target to see if they will take it back. We will see!

5 comments:

  1. Do they have a money back guarantee. Sorry you were disappointed. It SOUNDS good-was it caffeine free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say on their website they do, but I don't know if that is only for stuff you buy directly from them. I e-mailed them and I am waiting for a response. It does SOUND good, but not so. It wasn't caffeine free.

      Delete
    2. I contacted Target and they said I can exchange it. I am going to get the Caramel Vanilla that I already know I like!

      Delete
  2. OK, so is the Caramel Vanilla caffeine free--and does it have an actual coffee flavor or is it MUCH better?? I always thought coffee tasted like burnt water! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not caffeine free. It does taste way better than regular black coffee. I don't like non flavored coffee. I agree it tastes like burnt water.

      Delete